Have you ever stopped to think about your shopping habits? Maybe you’ve always loved thrifting (even before it was cool!) or maybe you only wear designer brands, but have you ever considered how or why you shop? Just as knowing your style personality can help you make good decisions about what you buy, knowing which of the different types of shoppers you are can prevent you from making some common shopping blunders. So let’s find out: what kind of shopper are you?
How your shopping habits affect your style
Along with your personality, your style can also be shaped by your attitude, outlook and strategy toward shopping. Ask yourself the following questions to start reflecting on your shopping habits:
- Do you feel dread or excitement when you have a big event coming up and need to find the perfect garment to wear?
- Are you defined by the designer label attached to a garment?
- Do you follow trends and feel self-conscious when you are not wearing the latest fashions?
- Do you dress to impress or express?
- Is your preference clothing that feels good against your skin?
- Are you mindful of the natural and ethical source from which your garments originate?
- Do you prefer unique garments that nobody else is wearing?
- Are you likely to save up and purchase a garment that you have been eyeing for months?
- How much money do you spend on fashion?
- Do you prefer boutiques or malls or online shopping?
Different types of shoppers
Some people have an absolute love of shopping. They find therapy in donning their shopping shoes and spending their day aimlessly wandering around the mall. Others break out in a sweat at the mere thought of having to purchase a new winter coat.
Some of the main types of shoppers include:
The Cautious/Classic Shopper – Well-dressed but not sucked in by every passing trend. Believes clothing is about comfort and function and has a wardrobe full of timeless basics.
The Innovative/Creative Shopper – Invents his or her own personal style. They love mixing and matching and their closet is the perfect balance of basic items with fashion add-ins.
The Elitist Shopper – Guided by the latest and greatest high-fashion must-haves straight off the Fashion Week runways. They feel at home in designer boutiques or upscale shopping centres.
The Emotional/Passionate Shopper – A lover of clothing, fashion and spending money on them! Their wardrobe is packed with the latest trends, highly influenced by magazines and celebrities.
Every thought you have about shopping shapes your habits towards it. Knowledge is power and discovering what kind of shopper you are can help you get smart about your lifestyle and fashion choices.
Take our shopping quiz
Ready to learn more about your buying habits? We’ve put together a shopping quiz that will help you discover more about your unique attitude towards shopping and find the answer to the question “What kind of shopper are you?”.
It’s fast, it’s fun, and best of all, you’ll learn:
- What influences you when you’re shopping
- How likely you are to make mistakes when shopping
- How to improve your shopping habits with some useful tips
Click here to get started with the shopping quiz!
For more great fashion quizzes, click here.